Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pages with Papertrey -- Challenge #8

Hey there! I'm just popping in today to post the latest Pages With Papertrey challenge, which is to use ribbon on your layout. Yep. That's it. This might not seem like a difficult challenge for you, but it's something that I personally struggle with.....

I found that one of the easiest ways to include ribbon is with a tag (that way there's no "bow-tying" to worry about...)

I used Papertrey cardstock (sweet blush), stamps (wonderful words additions, rosie posie) ribbon & dies (tag sale #3, block alphabet). I also used My Mind's Eye patterned paper, AC cardstock (12x12) & decorative brads (SEI & MME).

I also used Scrapbook Stamper's Workshop Lesson #2: stamp on a tag. I used the hexagon shapes from my Rosie Posie set to stamp on the background of the tag.


If you'd like to play along with this month's Pages With Papertrey challenge, just link up your layout here in the comments or here on the PTI forum, so I can see what you created!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Simply gorgeous, Leigh! I love that Rosie Posie on the tag! Can't wait to play along.

Mayol said...

Leigh, this is so pretty! i love the hexagons - both big and small - on your page. Sage is so pretty in pink! ...i struggle with ribbons on layouts too, mainly because i do boy pages. And, yes, because of the bow-tying involved :)

Mayol said...

Leigh, this is so pretty! i love the hexagons - both big and small - on your page. Sage is so pretty in pink! ...i struggle with ribbons on layouts too, mainly because i do boy pages. And, yes, because of the bow-tying involved :)

Penny Nichols said...

I get stuck in a rut with ribbons and can't quite figure out what to do with them sometimes! Great layout!

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, this page is just so beautiful and all of your stitching too, so awesome.