Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Papertrey Princess Challenge

It's my turn to post a challenge for the Papertrey Princesses, so here's my challenge... The PTI design team is so amazing! Choose one of their projects and use it as inspiration for a card.

I was inspired by the last card in Maile Belles' latest post on her blog to create this card:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white), stamps (beautiful butterflies, TBF#3) & dies (beautiful butterflies). The patterned paper is Crate Paper, which I covered in Martha Stewart glitter for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Glitter Diecuts.

Here's a close-up of the glittered diecut:


So, Princesses, I can't wait to see what you create!

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful!

Melissa said...

It's gorgeous Leigh! One of my very most favorite cards from you. Love it!
Melis

Joyce said...

Just beautiful. I love those butterflies.

bjmartin said...

Beautifully done!

Cindy said...

I seem to have a thing for shaped dies cut from small floral patterned paper. LOVE that little floral one full of glitter.

Deb said...

That glittered butterfly is gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful, beautiful card, Leigh. Thanks for sharing!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Great colors. Love how you cut out along the edge. Pretty glittered butterfly too!

Marybeth said...

Very pretty, love that you can still see the pretty print on the butterflie.

Karen said...

What a lovely and striking card - love the glittered and papered butterfly and especially the shaped edge.

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous card, Leigh! The glitter on the patterned paper really sparkles.

Diane said...

Fabulous challenge! Thanks Leigh!

pamela said...

The patterned paper is so beautiful! Maile's butterfly card was what made me get it eventually. (Plus my mom's love for butterflies!) I'm going to try doing something like Maile's card & your card :)

Rebecca Deeprose said...

LOVE this Leigh! ~Beautiful~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Overby said...

Cute card Leigh! I had to stop by and tell you my news...we've moved to Canada!!! I'll fill ya in more later. ; )

Linda said...

Leigh, Beautiful card. I just love butterflies.

Jill said...

Maile's card struck me as well, and you've done a beautiful job of CASEing it and making it your own colorful, cheerful card! (Man, those new inks are wonderful, aren't they? So rich!)

Unknown said...

I loved this! The colors are great and the butterfly out of patterned paper..amazing!

victoria h said...

Great card, love your glittering that shows patterned paper underneath.

Colleen said...

I love your layout and the butterflies that you hand cut along the edge is super! Great glittered butterfly too!