Friday, October 12, 2012

Five for Friday

1. I am on my second week of living with my cold.... and not liking it! I totally should have said no to coming into work today, but no, here I am, wishing I was at home, under a blanket...


2. I got some happy mail this week.... Paige Evans from Northridge Publishing requested two of my cards for the March issue of Cards, as well as one of my mini-albums for their Create: Mini-albums publication (also due out in March).


3. I ended up going to taekwondo last night.... it was the first time I'd been in two weeks. It was our red belt & up class, so I took the boys and Cameron hung out with Sage (she's a red stripe, so not high enough ranking to join us-- but next month, she'll most likely test for her red belt.) We mostly did patterns, in between my coughing fits. (Crazy.) But at the end of the class, the people testing in November practised breaking boards. I'm not testing again until May (hopefully!), but they let me break with the rebreakable boards, so I broke three: one with a back spin kick, one with a travelling forward jump-front snap kick and a third: a power break with the thinnest board & a punch (the power break is where you hold your own board, drop it and break it as it falls.) I ♥ breaking boards!


4. I stopped in at my LSS earlier this week (totally one of my very favourite stores!) and spoke to Lori, the owner. I showed her the paper-bead bracelets that I've been making and she said she'd love to sell them in her store!


5. After finishing the card set that I made for Marlo, I decided to start on some cards that my brother's girlfriend requested. For all three, I used the October Challenge on the My Mind's Eye blog, which is to incorporate stamping into my project & this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: The Inside Edition.

I've been enjoying working with this line of papers from MME so much, that I made three more cards with it:


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (smokey shadow) and stamps (falling leaves). Everything else is My Mind's Eye.

For the inside, I stamped some hexagons with my Happy Hexagons set. I tried using the cover plate as a guide, but they seems too far apart, so I redid it free-hand.





For my next card, I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (smokey shadow), stamps (movers & shakers sentiments) and dies (filigree border). Everything else is My Mind's Eye.

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Movers & Shakers sentiments.



And my third card...

 
I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (smokey shadow), stamps (movers & shakers sentiments, fabulous frames), buttons and twine (rustic white). The orange twine is lawn fawn and the patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.

For the inside, once again, I stamped a sentiment from Movers & Shakers sentiments.
 



Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Elena said...

Aw, feel better soon! Love the way you mixed all of the patterns and papers - fantastic!

Julie said...

I really love EVERYTHING about your card!

Deb said...

I am so sorry that you are still feeling under the weather. That's no fun. But I am thrilled to hear about your happy news. I received happy mail for CARDS March 2013 too, so we will be buddies! And I can't wait to see what happens with your bead bracelets. I am sure they will sell quickly. They were beautiful!

Els said...

I love all 3 of your cards!! Your style is awesome. Congrats on the pubs!

Cassie_lu said...

the inside and outside of these cards look great.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards - love the combinations of papers, dies & sentiments!

Nancy Penir said...

Simply stunning, Leigh.
Get healed soon! Can't wait to check you out in print! Congrats!