Friday, December 14, 2012

Five for Friday

Well, this week has been a pretty busy one!

1. On Sunday afternoon, I took the kids to the MTS Centre in Winnipeg to see the Phineas & Ferb Live show. They'd never been to anything like it before and they all loved it!




We had great seats and the kids just had such a blast-- this was a huge part of their Christmas gift this year, so I was super thrilled that they all had such a great time!

2. On Tuesday, I volunteered in Sage's class to help out with the garage sale the French Immersion Grade 3 & 4 classes put on every year (all of the proceeds go to Christmas Cheer). Sage and I were gift wrappers-- so fun to hang out with my best girl!



3. 'Tis the season for Christmas concerts! On Wednesday evening, Jonah & Austin sang with their choirs in the EMMS Band/Choir Concert. Austin's Jazz choir sang three songs (Austin is in the middle, first row in this photo):


And Jonah's Noon Choir also sang three songs. They both did such a great job! I tried to get a photo of the two of them at the concert, but it didn't turn out, so I snapped this one when we got home, in front of our tree. The boys in black.... hee!



4. Then, last night was Sage's grade 3/4 Christmas concert. She did a wonderful job, as well! She's so keen and animated when she sings-- very fun to watch! I took this one before the concert. Don't her curls look pretty? I took her to get her hair cut after school and she got it done, complete with curls and glitter!



5. And, finally, something on the crafty side...

I made a card yesterday to accompany some treats I wanted to bring to our town library staff. I decided to use this week's Sketch Challenge at 2Peas:



I used some a 6x6 Crate Paper patterned paper pad that I bought last month-- such fun patterns-- as well as some Papertrey Ink cardstock (rustic cream), stamps (stylish sentiments:holiday) and dies (snowflake medley), buttons & twine.


I'd originally put the snowflakes on my card following the sketch, but then, on a whim, I piled them one on top of the other and decided that I liked it better like this.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

craftmates said...

Looks like a lot of fun this week! Love the photo of the boys in black:) beautiful card as always.- Irma

Cindy Lee said...

Awesome card, Leigh!!!