Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May AEI♥U Challenge



I thought I'd play along with this month's AEI♥U challenge at Avery Elle, which was to create a project using the following photo as inspiration:


I really loved the way the blues in the photo change from the top towards the bottom of the photo, so I decided to make a card, using Avery Elle's To The Point stamp set to stamp the background of my card. (I used PTI inks: Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Spring Rain, Hawaiian Shores & Aqua Mist.) I matted this on some PTI Enchanted Evening cardstock and added some stitching with my sewing machine. I layered a piece of cardstock over the background and stamped my sentiment, using the same stamp set. Because I also loved the nautical theme of the photo, I decided to cut out some oars (using PTI aqua mist cardstock & a Silhouette cut file) and the anchor (using PTI enchanted evening cardstock and a Studio Calico cut file), on my Silhouette. I ran these through my big shot with my PTI woodgrain impression plate before adhering them to my card.


Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Karen C. said...

What a fun and unique card, Leigh. I love the colours and chevrons. The vertical stitching between the chevrons is so unexpected. I had to look twice and then go back to re-read your description. That's such a cool effect. The anchor and oars are awesome - this would make such a great masculine card.

Michelle said...

Great card! I love it! And thank you for sharing your ink colors. I've been looking at blue inks. This is very helpful!

Kara said...

this is perfect Leigh!! love all of the elements and your stamping!

Erin said...

Great card! I LOVE AE's To The Point stamp set... one of my favorites!

tonyamaries said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors and those chevrons are so cool!

Kelly Griglione said...

oooh, love this, Leigh! The range of blues is just so BEAUTIFUL!! Love your random inking of the chevrons, and your silhouette cuts. Such a striking card!!

PS. I've been meaning to tell you how much I'm enjoying your new blog design, and your photo too!

Geri said...

That woodgrain embossing is so perfect for this, Leigh! Love the background, too...perfect for that inspiration! Such a nice card!

Renee said...

Love it!!
Your background looks like patterned paper it's so perfect!
And you had me at nautical! :)

Joyce said...

Wow--this is just amazing. And, the oars and anchor are the perfect addition.

Colleen said...

Great card! I love the embossing on the oars and anchor...great touch.

nancy y said...

what a great card, the oars and anchor are really clever. I am mostly drawn to the great color combo!

Taheerah said...

This is a great card Leigh, a bit different from your usual style and I think that's fantastic that you've done something a bit different!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So pretty! LOVE the background!

Elena said...

your stiching is so great, and I love that you kept in the blues - it makes for a stunning card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

So perfectly done!! Superb stitching!!

Avery Elle said...

Leigh- I love the blues you chose and your stitching! Fantastic!