Saturday, June 08, 2013

Things that make me happy


I want to share a layout that I made for the June Challenge on the My Mind's Eye Blog, which was to use the following photo as inspiration for a project.
I felt like there was a lot going on with this... design, colours and elements that we could include, so I did my best to include as many as I could into my layout.

I used American Crafts cardstock as my base and added some My Mind's Eye patterned paper. I was mindful to include some dark grey and white stripes and florals, as well as the colours suggested (although I chose more of a coral colour and a red, rather than the orange colour, of which I had little in my MME stash.)

I also took the basic design of the first part-- the grid-- and made a blocked design on my layout, putting my photo in the space of the large photo at the top.



For my title, I used PTI's Wonderful Words: Additions (stamps and die), along with my new Get a Handle on It die to make the flagged banners. Because I layered two of these for my title, I thought I'd enter this for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Flagged Borders.


And, with the inspiration photo including a bike, I had to include a bike using my new Pedal Pusher stamps and dies. The square above the bike includes part of a MME journaling card that I trimmed off and added to the patterned paper background. I stamped on it with my date stamp to give a time frame to my journaling.


And along the bottom, I made a little vellum pocket in which I tucked my journaling: a list of things I've enjoyed over the past week. On the front I stamped a flourish from PTI's Modern Wood Mats and "inside" from Movers and Shakers Sentiments. I folded a piece of PTI white cardstock and wrote on the front and back. Here's a glimpse at the back. Sorry for not sharing the front, too.... but it contains some good news that I got this week that I can't share quite yet. ;)


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh this is a beautiful layout, so much to look at yet it is still so clean and simple. Love your hidden journaling--perfect.

tonyamaries said...

Great layout Leigh! I love the pink bike!

Geri said...

Up very late tonight working on Bible School stuff and a couple graduation cards for church tomorrow! Checking in on friends before I hit the sack. This is just beautiful, Leigh!! I love how you've used the inspiration! It all looks WONDERFUL with your lovely photo! Just perfect!

Kara said...

Really great layout. I love that inspiration piece too. The little vellum journaling pocket is a great element!!

Karen C. said...

Lots of fun details and accents on your layout. \\your pink bicycle is adorable. Now I'm curious to know what fabulous news you have!!

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderful layout. Especially loving the journaling card.

DF said...

Great interpretation Leigh! I see you were asked to join something... how exciting, I'll look for the news when you are able to share! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful grid and I love that vellum pocket!

ScrappyGoodness said...

Such an amazing layout.