Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Card Camp 2: Cards #8 -12




I got a little behind on my homework for the Summer Card Camp 2 class I'm taking, so after cleaning the house this morning with the kids, I rewarded myself with some stamping-time this afternoon.

I got five cards made using the Week 2 colour combo, which I found lent itself to make some masculine cards.

The first card I made was inspired by Jennifer's card from Day 1 from this week. I made a card with a window, but instead of it opening up to the inside of the card, I just popped it up. I used Little Yellow Bicycle patterned paper, my new WMS Fancy Feathers stamps and some Papertrey Ink cardstock and buttons. 


With this angle, you can see how the front panel is raised a little off the card...


Using the same papers and stamps, I created a birthday card using the second sketch from this week. I also used Donna's tone on tone embossing technique with my feather, where I heat embossed my stamped image with clear embossing powder after stamping it on patterned paper. I diecut the banners using my PTI double-ended banner die and the sentiment is from PTI's Bountiful Banners.


Next, I thought I'd make a card for my husband, whose birthday is coming up at the end of this month. I pulled out my PTI On the Farm stamp set and dies. I stamped the background grass several times, alternating its orientation. This left me with a bit of a gap, which I filled with a Bountiful Banners diecut and stamped image. I was thrilled with how perfectly the On the Farm sentiment fit in the banner!


For the cow, I repeated Donna's tone on tone embossing technique on a dark chocolate cardstock die cut. I love how glossy she turned out!


Next, I decided to make a card using Sketch #1 from this week. I don't usually make shaped cards, so this was a little challenging for me. I don't have circle dies, so I had to use my CM circle circles. I stamped a couple of Mama Elephant On Target stamps and added a PTI Birthday Style stamped sentiment on a Get a Handle On It diecut banner.


And lastly, I made a card for Jonah's birthday which is coming up in August. I asked him what kind of theme he wanted for the card and he said video games. So, I used some PTI Boy Basics stamps (Game On & Simple Circles). I used this week's Sketch #3. I layered my stamped panel over some Fancy Pants corrugated card stock. For the small outlined circles, I used Jennifer's technique from Day 1 this week where she encouraged us to stamp with something other than stamps. These circles were stamped using the end of a cap from a SU! marker.


And there you go! So, I'm caught up on the first three days for this week, but I still need to figure something out for today's challenge. 

Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying this class? :)

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Megan Carroll said...

Wow Leigh busy day!!! I am loving all your creations! I especially loved your husband's b-day card!

Michelle said...

Oh Leigh! These are fabulous! All of them!

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

Gorgeous!! Every single one of them!

Joyce said...

Wow--Leigh. These are all amazing. What were you using to clean the house--it sure gave you a burst of energy and creativity.

tonyamaries said...

Leigh these are all wonderful! I love that shiny cow! I had to use my CM circles too as my Spellbinders dies were too small.

Michelle said...

Superb, Leigh! I'm so behind, I haven't even started week 2 yet! LOL! I love your On The Farm card with the glossy cow!

Kara said...

great cards!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Loving the color scheme you used for these, and I love the feathers and also the tone on tone embossing!

Kathryn A said...

Wow! You have certainly been busy producing some really wonderful cards! Love the feather cards and the embossing. (And I keep seeing "On the Farm" cards...I think it's going to jump onto my Wish List!)

S Tasko said...

Love your cards! Amazing! Also, where is that adorable game controller from on the last card??? I have to have it! :)

Lindsey said...

Each one of these is amazing...this post totally made me wish I was taking this class!

Darnell said...

OMG, you are killing me with these amazing colors, Leigh! I am atwitter over these cards, especially those feather ones! WOW!!

Lyndal said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! All fabulous cards Leigh!
Have you thought about linking your button ones to the Catered Crop Button Challenge? http://cateredcrop.com/2013/07/14/button-up-recipe-swap-quickfire/

TLady said...

SOMEBODY has been having FUN!!!!!!! HOW did I miss all these FABULOUS CARDS???? :) LOOOOOOVE them ALL!!!!!!!!!!:)

Geri said...

Oh my goodness...these are ALL wonderful! Beautiful color combo's!!!

Taheerah said...

Awesomeness - every single one!!