Monday, November 25, 2013

PTI November Blog Hop


It's the 25th, which means it's time for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.

This month's challenge is Paper House.


We were challenged to make a house out of paper.
Even though Nichole supplied us with a template to make our houses,
I thought an easier route would be to use my Silhouette to cut mine out.

Sage wanted to get in on the fun of this challenge, so together, we made three houses:
one together and then one each on our own.
We decided to go with a "gingerbread house" theme and include the little gingerbread man stamp from Scenti-mentals for each one.


Here's the first one we made, using PTI card stock (dark chocolate, classic kraft and pure poppy.)
The corner posts are made with some October Afternoon patterned paper.


Sage thought it would be fun to add white embossing powder to the roof, so she colours in places with a versa mark pen and then we heat embossed it.


For my house, I started with some aqua mist card stock that I stamped all over with the "sugar & spice" sentiment from Scenti-mentals.
For my windows and doors, I used Vintage Cream card stock that I stamped with my BB:Woodgrain set.
For my roof and corner posts, I used some Basic Grey patterned paper that I glittered.
To do this, I used some Sizzix adhesive sheets to my patterned paper before cutting it with my Silhouette. Then I removed the backing and covered it with glitter. Super easy....
I included the little gingerbread man at the front door, but this time, I gave him a glittered paper heart.


And on the back, I added a glittered Christmas tree (using some LLH:Holiday dies).


And here's the house that Sage made on her own.


She also used a patterned paper roof (My Mind's Eye) and instead of the corner posts, she added some Lily Bee patterned paper trees (using the same die that I did.)

And where's her gingerbread man?


There he is!

Thanks for looking!

44 comments:

Linda said...

These are all adorable Leigh! I love the little gingerbread house theme that you used. Save having her little man peek through the window is an especially cute touch! So special that she crafts with you!

Linda

Kathryn A said...

I love your gingerbread houses! The scale fits perfectly with the gingerbread man, and adding the stamping from the same set is a perfect touch!

Carolanne said...

These are all so sweet. LOVE the flowered roof on one. And the curved windows. So great that Sage and you worked together. Always crafted with my daughter, and now she's 25, married and we still craft :-)

tonyamaries said...

Those are great! I really love the gingerbread man peeking out of the window! Too cute!

Rene said...

Love these houses...I love anything gingerbread.

Nancy Penir said...

Wonderland gingerbread village! I see that sweet little guy peeking thru the window. Love that you and Sage created this memory together!

Marybeth said...

These are adorable Leigh!

Inkyfingers said...

These are wonderful Leigh - a gingerbread house is always gorgeous, but I love your creative decoration. How great that you made them with your daughter too! Isn't the Silhouette great?

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! These are adorable!! Such cute houses :)

Alanna said...

These are all so adorable. I love that you made a few of them.

Tracey McNeely said...

Three of the cutest houses and making them gingerbread houses is brilliant! I LOVE how Sage has taken such an interest in crafting with Mom.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are darling! So sweet and festive! Love your paper choices!

A Crafty Person said...

Adorable houses! I like the scallop roof edge. The little gingerbread man peeking out through the door is a cute touch too.
Sage, you did a great house! I especially like the wrap around trees.

Marcia Hill said...

SO cute and colorful...I love all 3 of them! :0)

Luanne said...

How cute! Love you houses and gingerbread guys!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Adorable. Love those corner posts. The aqua mist one is my favorite.

Marcie Rhys said...

You and your daughter will love the memories each year when these houses are brought out. I didn't even think about their being tree ornaments, but they are the perfect size.

You were very clever at working in the Papertrey items, since the scale is a bit small for most of their sets. That gingerbread man is a cutie and perfect inhabitant, and from now on, I'll think about making flowered roofs and glittering them.

Thank you fir taking the time to share, and for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Have a wonderful, and regenerating Thanksgiving.

Norma said...

Hi Leigh:0 OMG! your little house are so adorable, I love all the detail you added to them:) Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a sweet comment!!
Hugs,
Norma

lisa808 said...

They are darling!

Kara said...

Cute cute!

Renee said...

How adorably fun...
love them all and think they will look incredible tucked into some snow on a mantle. :)

BethieJ said...

OHHHH these are all DARLING!! I LOVE them! You girls did a GREAT job! LOVE the gingerbread peeking out the window!!
Have a GREAT day!!

Kelly Szafron said...

So cute, great idea making them into ornaments.

Jennifer K said...

These turned out so cute. You and Sage did a wonderful job on them. What fun mom/daughter time.

Lynn said...

Absolutely adorable!

Michelle said...

Leigh, these are darling! I love your little houses!

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! Such a FUN Designs!! I LOVE the fun colors and all of the little details!! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!!

Cindy Lee said...

WOW!! You amazed me, Leigh! The gingerbread house is the cutest thing I've seen this year! Love it!

Laura said...

Smart idea to use your Silhouette and the house are really cute!!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

I love all your houses- so adorable!!!

Helen F. said...

LOve your little house ornaments, Leigh! Such fun :-)

Joni Andaya said...

So very cute!!! Love the houses!

Terri said...

They are all very cute. I especially like the little gingerbread man great addition.

Kristii said...

What a sweet trio of houses!! You and sage totally rocked the challenge! Absolutely fabulous!

Jennifer said...

Wow! These are awesome and so cute!

Darnell said...

How wonderful to have a Silhouette! Your sweet gingerbread houses are so perfect, Leigh and Sage! Hugs, Darnell

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Totally digging the houses. I love Pages wrap around trees! Such a great touch. Izzy loved the use of pattern paper. We didn't even think about adding that element. Super fun!

cm said...

Leigh and Sage, your houses are absolutely adorable! You've created a sweet little neighbourhood!!
c

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your houses, Sage has some great ideas. So nice you can spend time together doing what you love!

Anonymous said...

These are so charming, Leigh ... such a lovely blend of colours and DP! That little gingerbread man is fabulous ... he's so adorable peeking out of the window! Anita :)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Beautiful and fun collection!

Erin said...

LOVE the houses, Leigh! So super cute!

Anonymous said...

These houses are super cute, Leigh!!
And how sweet is Sage's house?

I love you girls' color combos as usual.

I've not been able to visit blogland often the past month. Missed your blog a lot.

Hugs,
Vithya

Lindsey said...

Leigh, these are adorable! You and Sage make a great team.