Thursday, December 12, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #57

*Note this is my second post for today.
Please scroll down to see my post for this week's Case Study Challenge.

Today, I have a card to share that I made for Sketch #57 by Joni Andaya:



Here's my card:


 I started with a base of Teresa Collins patterned paper, layered over some rustic white cardstock.
I cut a strip of classic kraft cardstock and stamped it with my WMS woodgrain stamp in fresh snow.
I stamped my sentiment and added some stitching.
I diecut my sled and stamped it and added a diecut evergreen sprig and adhered it to my card.
(The stamped images and sentiment are all from Papertrey Ink's Two Feet Deep stamp set.)

Let It Snow.

When I was making this card, Sage saw the sketch and wanted to play along as well.
Here's the card she made using it:


She paper-pieced the pumpkin from the Simon Says Stamp cat and paper-pieced the strip of paper across the middle as well. (I helped her a little with that part.)
Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, December 19th to link up your card.


Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

Who is the sled stamp and die made by?

Lisa Elton said...

LOVE this Leigh, so fresh and clean! Sage did a FABULOUS job on her cute card!!

Joni Andaya said...

Fabulous Leigh! Love the sleigh its perfect! Sage's card is so adorable, please tell her she did a wonderful job :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I love the sled in red and the stitching and LOVE the piecing that Sage did!

donna mikasa said...

What a fab take on the sketch, Leigh! Love how you inked up the sled. And Sage's card is quite awesome, too!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Brilliant card - love that woodgrain.
Well done to Sage too - her paper piecing is fab!
Caroline xxx

Alanna said...

Both cards are fabulous. Tell Sage she did an awesome job.

Kara said...

great cards, fun sketch!

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous Leigh!
Thank You!!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful card, love the sentiment! The Halloween card is super cute too!

Heather said...

Both lovely cards, I love the woodgrain paoers and fabulous elements!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs

Cindy Lovell said...

What a beautiful card! I love the red sled and the stitching!! Perfect!!
Sage did a awesome job on her card! Adorable...love the paper piecing!!

Darnell said...

Cute and cuter!! Fantastic cards, Leigh!! Hugs, Darnell

Anonymous said...

Cuteness!!! I love the sleigh card and the stitching! The kitty card is adorable!

Sanketi said...

Beautiful cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

loving the sled :)

Nora Noll said...

Wow, wow, wow!! I LOVE the sled card and your daughter did a great job paper piecing the cat. I just LOVE your stuff!!

Chrissy Larson said...

I love both of these gorgeous cards. You can tell Sage has her mom's awesome style! LOVE THEM!

Betty said...

Both cards are really pretty and Sage is a talented girl :-)