Monday, September 22, 2014

Some Super Quick Cards


So, last week, I got an email from our church secretary asking me to make
some birthday & anniversary cards for our local nursing home.
I do this every September and enjoy making cards for it.

However, this past week was crazy....
I worked four days and spent my day off prepping for Sage's birthday party.
But I thought, no problem, I'll make them on Sunday.
Well, Sunday turned out to be a gorgeous day, which we took advantage
of by going for a walk in the Pembina Valley.
A congregational meeting after supper took up most of my evening.
Since I was scheduled to work on Monday & Tuesday (& the cards are due Wed.)
I knew that I needed to get them done..... and done quickly!

I decided to use some premade Anna Griffin embellishments that I'd picked
up last spring at my LSS.
I paired them with some Reverse Confetti stamps
to make some quick CAS cards.


For my first card, I used the birthday sentiment from Beautiful Banners.
For the rest of the birthday cards, I used the birthday sentiment from Label Me.













For the two anniversary cards, I used a combination of sentiments.
I masked the "happy" from Bring On The Merry & stamped
the "anniversary" from So Very Special.





So, by limiting my supplies and letting these gorgeous
premade embellishments take centre stage, I was able to get
these nine cards made in less than an hour,
which made me pretty happy!


 

  

Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a beautiful set of cards! I'm loving those AG flowers, and the sentiments are perfect!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Such an awesome idea! And way to work under a tight deadline:) I always see these beautiful die cuts and stickers at Michael's and I never knew what to do with them...thanks for giving me lots of ideas.

victoria h said...

Super pretty too.

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love what a gorgeous set this is.

Joyce said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, and only you would know how quick they were to make. They look so elaborate and elegant.

*Vicki* said...

Those are such pretty flowers and it's great that you were able to mass produce to get some amazing results with it!! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

alexandra s.m. said...

Love the idea!
This set is so what I love!
Great way to showcase the sentiments also ;)
Thanks Leigh!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect for the task at hand and Gorgeous too!!

Greta said...

Those AG embellishments are gorgeous--perfect to let them take center stage! I know the people in the NH will be thrilled to receive these!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses, my fav flower!!!

Darnell said...

Wow, Leigh! I have to do a search for some of those Anna Griffin floral designs. They are drop-dead gorgeous and you showcased them with CAS precision to their full advantage!! Stunning! Hugs, Darnell

Kelly Latevola said...

These are amazing! I absolutely adore these colors. Such lucky nursing home recipients! These will surely brighten their day :)

I Card Everyone said...

Leigh!!! I had no idea there were embellies to match my very favorite Anna papers!!! Think they may still be available at your LSS? I'd pay!
=] Michele

I Card Everyone said...

Sorry... I got way too excited =/ Absolutely, fabulous set of cards!!!
=] M

cm said...

Not only am I in awe at how busy you are, but your ability to make these STUNNING cards in an hour...WOW!! Once again, your creativity amazes. Your cards are exceptionally gorgeous; love that you kept them CAS, allowing those lovely flowers to take center-stage!
~c

Nathalie said...

They turned out super classy! I'm sure they were appreciated!