Monday, August 31, 2015

PTI SAF 2015: Accessories & Red Carpet Challenges

Sage & I picked up some popsicles sticks to make bracelets on Saturday.
We boiled/soaked them and formed them and let them dry overnight...
but they still weren't dry on Sunday.

So, this afternoon, we could finally make our bracelets.

Out of the 25 popsicle sticks that we boiled, 12 turned out.
So, we each got to make six bracelets.

I wasn't terribly creative with mine, because I loved Maile's so much.
I pretty much copied her.


I painted my bracelets white and stamped the heart (& heart!) from Choose Joy
and the "bursts" from Bloomers.


Then,  I made another Choose Joy bracelet and I covered 
one of the bracelets with some patterned paper.


And I had to make one with the "beautiful" stamp from Choose joy
along with one using some Crate Paper patterned paper.

Sage was more creative with hers...


She also used the Choose Joy "beautiful" stamp and made one
with a WMS feather stamp.


On this one, she stamped the butterfly from the Masterpiece stamp set.


And she loved the woodgrain on this bracelet and didn't want to paint it,
so she heat embossed the "joyful" in white.

Well, I guess that's it for us for Stamp-a-faire.
I had so much fun stamping most of the weekend -- what a treat!
I made nineteen cards and participated in all of the challenges. :)

Jonah took this photo of us tonight, wearing our bracelets and holding
up our favourite cards that we made this weekend
(Sage only made the two and couldn't decide which one was her favourite!)
I think I might have had another favourite, but I gave it away yesterday morning. ;)


Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You girls make quite a team Leigh!! Your bracelets all turned out beautifully!!

Lynn said...

Wow! What an awesome weekend. Love the gorgeous bracelets and your card favorites.

Svitlana Shayevich said...

The bracelets are awesome! Who could think they're made from popsicles.

Miriam Prantner said...

These turned out wonderfully! They would be great for a kid's craft!

Kristie Goulet said...

Love your bracelets and cards! Great job mom and Sage!

Sharon Underwood said...

You are creating wonderful memories. I enjoy reading about your family and all of your creations. Bracelets are awesome!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh, these are just gorgeous! It's good to see that Sage is as crafty and clever as her mama!

Marybeth said...

These are so pretty and fun! Love the white and simple gold sentiment!

alexandra s.m. said...

My! BRAVO to the both of you!
It's amazing what you have managed to create!!

Greta said...

You guys did great! Love all the beautiful bracelets & your cards are wonderful! Congrats on being one of the winners!

TaeEun said...

The Bracelets are Gorgeous! I should give it a try with my kids,too!

Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting over at my blog. These are beautiful! I enjoyed male's tutorial too and really wanted to play. You and your daughter make a cute team. I too enjoy crafting with my daughter.