Monday, February 29, 2016

Creating with new goodies

I got some new goodies in the mail last week
and took some time in my craft area last night to play with some of them...

In addition to the new PTI, Wplus9, Mama Elephant and Ellen Hutson stamps I got,
(fabulous happy mail, right?), I also ordered a Journaling Bible &

Now, while I'm very excited to start Bible Journaling, I'm also a little nervous...
After all, if I mess up on a card, it's just a piece of cardstock I can flip over and start again.
A Bible is a different matter entirely....

So while I wait for some courage, as well as a few more supplies that I ordered 
(some fun pens and gesso to prime my pages), 
I thought I'd play with the stamp set that came in my Created to Create Kit.


I started with a piece of watercolour paper and repeatedly stamped the paint brush along the top.
Then, with nine different colours of ink, one at a time, I pressed the ink onto my acrylic block
and then added water with a paintbrush and painted by lines along the front of my card.
I also painted the handles of the paint brushes to match.

*Note, for the first seven colours, I used Papertrey Ink inks.
For the last two (purples), I used Altenew, which seemed to bleed a little.
I definitely preferred the PTI inks for this technique.


I stamped the "created to create" sentiment
and then repeated my ink painting technique with some Golden Glitz Delicata ink
to paint in the metal part of the paintbrushes, which adds a fun touch of shine.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cool card and look forward to seeing you use your new goodies.

Kathy said...

Love the rainbow-like look, and the sentiment seems true for you! Good note on which ink worked better.

merryf said...

this is lovely!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is totally fabulous, Leigh! Love your color choices and the fun design!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a fun sentiment! And I LOVE your painted watercolor lines!

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, Leigh, great job painting your stripes, this card is fabulous!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this!! What a cool card!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a fun card, Leigh!

Lesley said...

This is incredible! Love your work, Leigh!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a great card and I adore that sentiment!

Beth H. said...

Love this!

Bobby said...

I love this, Leigh. I usually use Distress Inks to watercolor but I tried my PTI after reading your post and they work great. TFS