Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stamp-a-faire 2016 -- Part IV

After church today, Sage and I got everything packed for her week at camp.
Then, after lunch, we headed down to my craft area to complete the final three
challenges for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire 2016.

I wanted to make some cards for Sage today to take along with her to camp.
Every night before she goes to bed, I bless her by saying:
"The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord protect you and smile on you,
the Lord be gracious to you and give you peace."
When she's away at camp, I like to write the blessing in a card
for her to open before she goes to bed, along with some questions
about her day and statements along the lines of me missing her.

We started with cards for Kay's Watercolour Like A Master Challenge:

I decided to use the leaves from my Songbirds stamp set to make my card.


I stamped the leaves in tropical teal, green parakeet, blueberry sky, enchanted evening,
orange zest, summer sunrise, pure poppy and berry sorbet.
I stamped my sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp's Big Scripty Sentiments)
in versafine onyx black.

Sage decided to use my Feathers Finery stamp set,
along with this colour combo:



Isn't it gorgeous?
She was so frustrated with her watercolour, but I thought it turned out amazing
-- especially considering it was her first time using this technique!
She stamped the sentiment from Graceful Greetings.

I was inspired by her using the feathers, so I had to try it, too.
I used this colour combo, but I swapped berry sorbet for the pink
and added simply chartreuse:



My feathers got a little hard to see after the watercoloring, 
so I restamped them over top.
I stamped the sentiment from Walk By Faith.

Next, we tackled Lexi's Colour Blocking Challenge:


I scored my cardstock, created a mask for each rectangle with post-it notes
and blended ink onto each quadrant.
Then, using my Colour Pop Butterflies stencil, I stencilled the large butterfly
in each section and stamped coordinating stamps over top.
I stamped the sentiment and blended ink onto the "happy" diecut
before adhering it to my card.

Sage decided to make a birthday card for her dad.


She really enjoyed learning how to ink blend this weekend, so 
I helped her score her card and showed her how to mask the sections
for ink blending.
She diecut the cows from On the Farm from black cardstock 
and stamped her sentiment (also from On the Farm.)

And lastly, we did Heather's Pointillism Play Challenge:

I don't have a lot of PTI outline stamps, so I chose to make 
a fun Foxy card for Sage.


I have to say, this was probably my least favourite technique for the weekend!
It was just so fussy!
I stamped the tent from Summer Camp and the Foxy fox in versafine onyx black
and heat embossed them in clear.
Then, using some tiny circle stamp stamps, I coloured them in.
The sentiment is from Winter Woods.

Sage had a brilliant idea with hers:


She made a Calico cat so she didn't have to fill him in completely!
She smudged a little near the top, so I suggested she stencil the sun 
over top.
The sentiment is from Wet Paint.

Well, I knew I would have a great time participating in Stamp-a-Faire 2016
and I was totally right!
I thought Sage might make a card or two, but I was thrilled when she
spent so much time stamping with me and ended up making seven cards!


Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSave

21 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards by mother and daughter!! She'll enjoy her cards from you at camp!!

Karen B. said...

Brilliant and fun and beautiful cards ladies!

TeresaC said...

2 lovely ladies in your craft room!! Love that Sage made so many cards. Congratulations to you both on your wonderful projects. :)

Leanne said...

Saw your link on PTI. You have some lovely cards here.

!neke said...

Great cards "ladies" !
Sage , have fun this week !

Ineke X

Lynn said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time creating together! Love all your beautiful cards. Sage's dot one is incredible and I love the water color ones!

Betty said...

so great to see the cards you two created together - how wonderful it is that Sage loves to create with you - and love the feather cards!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, you two are SO cute! I cannot tell you how much I love seeing the two of you craft together! And you win the best Mommy of the Year award, in my book. How sweet that Sage will have a card from you to open every night at camp. You guys rocked the Stamp-a-Faire challenges. I LOVE them all!

merryf said...

Sage's watercolor card is gorgeous! I love both of your feather cards. I love seeing the cards that the two of you make each year during SAF!

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness you girls are both so amazing! I love every single card you both made! You tell Sage that her watercolored card is just gorgeous! I think she ( and you) did a wonderful job on the watercolored ones! So glad you had fun with SAF and I hope Sage has a great time at summer camp!

brandco2450@gmail.com said...

All the cards you and Sage have made are gorgeous. The feather cards are AWESOME! It's great that you can create together.

Linda said...

Great bunch of cards that you created. I love the Calico cat that Sage made and her watercolor piece. So pretty.

Natasha said...

What a great batch of cards from you both! Really love the watercoloured feathers and also the colour block cards! T

Anonymous said...

i love everything about this post, leigh. your cards are lovely, your bedtime routine is lovely and you and your daughter are lovely as well! hope she has a fantastic week at camp!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Sage is so blessed to have such wonderful, caring parents. So beautiful to read your posts Leigh. And I agree, her water coloring is beautiful! All your cards are just perfect!

Diana K said...

You and Sage completely rocked SAF! Not one mediocre card in the bunch. You always amaze me with your spirit and talent, Leigh. And Sage needs to guest for you again this summer, that's how good she's getting. :) Give her an extra hug from me. I'm so jealous of the two of you.

Greta said...

I'm so impressed with all your cards! I really failed at the watercoloring, but both you & sage made wonderful cards & have inspired me to try again! Sage's color blocking card is so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I don't know where you get the time to make all these awesome cards Leigh!!! You and Sage rocked the PTI!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic set of cards Leigh. Such a nice variety with all those challenges. Great mother-daughter team. :)

lexi said...

so many great cards here!! i especially love both of the color blocked ones - super cute!!

Kim S said...

SO much inspiration in your cards!!