Sunday, August 14, 2016

Camp Create -- Session 3

I was thrilled to see that MFT was offering a third session of Camp Create 
earlier this week and even more excited when Sage said she's play along with me!

So, today, I'm sharing the cards that we made for the week of camp.
Day 1's challenge was Monochromatic Magic.
I wanted to make a card to thank Denise, our slo-pitch
team's organizer and coach.
Since her favourite colour is pink, I knew this would be the 
perfect challenge to make her a card.

I decided to use the stamps and dies from my Flashy Florals kit.


I started by partially stamping my background using the 
MFT Scattered Surface Background stamp.
I stamped the flowers on their coordinating diecuts
and had fun stamping my leaves in pink, too!


I diecut the "thanks" die from white cardstock and blended ink
onto the bottom half of it before adhering it to my card with dimensional adhesive.

Sage used the same background stamp to make her card.


She blended ink onto white cardstock and diecut it
with the Soda Pop bottle dies.
She added the details to the bottles and stamped the sentiment 
(also from Soda Pop) onto it.

We both earned this badge:

Day 2's challenge was Awesome Ombre.
We were both inspired by Laurie's fabulous card to use
the same Geometric Grid stencil that she used.

We also both decided to use this challenge to create birthday cards
 for my twin brother -- whose birthday is today!
Happy Birthday, Chris!

Sage created her card first.


You may know that Sage is new to ink blending -- not that 
you can tell from the results on her cards!
But this was the first time that she blended ink using a stencil -- and she loved it!
She used four shades of ink to create her ombre effect.
She stamped the sentiment (from Soda Pop) and added some enamel dots.

For my card, I used the ColourQ Challenge #354:


Here's my card:


I used my new Clarity Stencil Brushes to apply Hawaiian Shores ink 
to my white cardstock panel.
I, too, used the Soda Pop sentiment, stamping it onto strips of black cardstock
and heat embossing it in white.


I stamped the "Chris" using Hand Lettered Holiday (I selectively
inked the "Christmas" stamp) and added a trio of enamel dots to finish it off.

For this challenge, we earned this badge:

Day 3's Challenge was Remarkable Resist.

For my card, I used the Color Throwdown #405:




I used emboss resist three different times on my card.


I started by stamping the lines from the leaves onto a piece of 
white cardstock in Altenew Forrest Glades. 
Then, I stamped over top in versamark using the solid leaf image, 
which I heat embossed in clear.
I blended Altenew's Frayed Leaf ink over top with my blending tool.
For my background, I heat embossed the Scattered Surface Background stamp
in white and blended Altenew Ocean Waves over top.
I diecut my Flashy Florals blooms and stamped them with Ocean Waves 
in the centre and then a second time in versamark (using my MISTI).
I heat embossed these in clear and then stamped the blooms in yellow
over top, so the centres resisted the ink.


I added a Reverse Confetti All Framed Out diecut to frame my sentiment
(stamped in Forrest Glades using PTI's Phrases and Praises stamp set.)

Sage decided to use the Soda Pop set again to make her card:


She stamped the sentiments onto her card base and heat embossed them 
in white before blending ink over top and spritzing it with water.
She blended ink onto white cardstock and diecut her bottles from it.
It's so bright and cheerful -- I love how it turned out!

Here's the badge we earned:

Day 4's Challenge was Divine Dry Embossing.

For my card, I used my Soda Pop stamp set and dies,


Here's my card:


I started by embossing a MFT Circle onto my background and trimming 
a strip off of the side (I was planning on using something else for my border --
like a dark cardstock, impressed cardstock or patterned paper -- but in the end,
I just replaced the strip, with a bit of dimension for the card front.)
I blended ink onto my circle and adhered my pop bottles over top.


I stamped the sentiments (from Soda Pop) onto black cardstock,
heat embossed them in white and cut them into strips, which I adhered
with dimensional adhesive.
A few wooden stars finish it off.

Sage used the thanks die from the Flashy Florals kit to make her card.


She impressed the die and then diecut it from a post-it note,
which we used to create a mask (I helped her with this, since it was new to her.)
She used my Clarity Stencil brush to brush Hawaiian Shores ink 
over the bottom half of the word.
She stamped the leaf from Modern Blooms in three shades of green to make a wreath.

We both earned this badge:

Next up was a bonus challenge on Thursday evening:

Sage was getting a little tire of making cards, so she decided to
make her previous "thanks" card for both the Dry-embossing Challenge
and for the Bonfire Craft Challenge, since it's a one layer card
 -- we hope that's okay!

And here's my card:


I started by stamping my sentiment (from PTI's Phrases and Praises)
in versafine onyx black ink and heat embossing it in clear onto a piece of watercolour paper.
Then, I stamped the leaves from Flashy Florals in five different shades of ink.


I took a paintbrush dipped in water and "coloured" over my stamped leaves
to create a watercolour effect on my card.

Here's the badge we earned:

And lastly, Day 5's Challenge was Stunning Shadow Stamping .

The store where I sell my cards wanted some anniversary cards,
so I decided, since I was using my MISTI to create my card for this challenge,
to make five cards in five different colours, using Modern Blooms.


I  started by stamped in the flowers and leaves in Wplus9 white
and then moving my panel over slightly and down to stamp the colour.


I diecut the "happy" from PTI's Colour Pop Butterflies kit and trimmed off
the "so" that was attached by hand.
I stamped "anniversary" on a strip of smokey shadow cardstock 
and heat embossed it in white (using PTI's Wet Paint stamp set.)


I adhered the strip using dimensional adhesive.

And here's Sage's card, using stamps from Flashy Florals.


Isn't it pretty?
I think she was getting a little tired of making cards, but decided
to persevere to earn all five badges.
When she was done with this card, however, she was saying
how much she enjoyed this technique. :)

It's always fun stamping with my best girl!

And here's the final badge we earned:

Okay, well, I know that was a lot of cards for one post
but I hope you'll indulge me -- it is my birthday after all! ;)

Thanks for looking!

25 comments:

Aileen said...

Leigh what a fantastic collection you and Sage put together. They are all so pretty and bright and wonderful.

Karen B. said...

Amazing cards from you and your daughter! What a wonderful way to spend time together! Happy Birthday to you too! I hope you get to enjoy your day. (I have a twin too!)

*Vicki* said...

Wow wow wow!! These are ALL just gorgeous and good for you that you got someone to play along with you!! How fun!! I have to go back up and have a look at all of these!! You've been busy!! I'm in the middle of finishing up this myself!! So thankful for your beautiful inspiration here!! :)

*Vicki* said...

P.S. A big happy birthday to you!! :)

Happy Dance said...

Happy Birthday!! You made me chuckle by telling us it was your twin brother's birthday today. You're so funny! Hope you celebrate just the way you want to! Amazing array of cards. Sage did a bang-up job with her cards, too. I especially love her shadow stamped card. Very impressed by that technique. I'd give you diamond badges for the cards you've both created here. Really lovely. Don't forget to have a big piece of cake today!! Bev

Betty said...

congrats Leigh and Sage on all your wonderful cards and earning all the badges!

Vikki H said...

What a wonderful collection of cards you and Sage created! Happy Birthday, Leigh!

Diana K said...

Happy Birthday, Leigh! Fabulous stamping projects from both you and Sage today. I especially LOVE the shadow stamping that you did.

Diane Jaquay said...

Happy Birthday, Leigh! So many beautiful cards (both yours and Sages, she's talented just like her mamma!)

Unknown said...

Your brother is very fortunate to have such a family oriented sister. Happy Birthday to both of you.
We have a daughter who married a Canadian and they recently planted a new Baptist church in their province.
I always enjoy your inspirational work and of course, your Five for Friday blog posts.
Have a fine birthday!

Celeste Goff said...

What an awesome collection of cards! I see craftiness is genetic...good job Sage!

Kathy said...

All the cards that you and Sage made for Camp Create are colorful, well-designed and will make the people who get them thankful and happy!

Lisa Elton said...

An amazing line of cards from you and Miss Sage!! What a wonderful way to spend time together!!

Greta said...

Well, I can see I needed to be at your house! What great cards you both made--nailed all the techniques! Glad there's still more time so I can try to finish up.

Michelle said...

Wow! What an awesome treat stopping by here today!!! So much inspiration!!! Truly love all the cards you and your daughter created! Thanks for playing along with ColourQ!

Joyce said...

Simply fantastic. I love all your cards, and Sage's too. What a fantastic post. Hope you had an incredible birthday. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

Susan R. Opel said...

AWESOME work by you AND Sage! Bravo!

Broni said...

Both you and Sage made some GORGEOUS cards!! You two were really productive! I just love the card you made for the CTD challenge! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Jodi Collins said...

WOW! Each card is more gorgeous than the one before! I am so inspired! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

Cris G. said...

Wow! Sage is a very talented young lady, she makes beautiful cards, like her mom... what a set of gorgeousness!
Happy belated birthday wishes!

Megan Carroll said...

Wow!! Great job! You've been busy!

Michelle said...

Wowsers! Love them all, especially the CAS ones. Just fantastic! I came over from the MFT challenge to comment on that card, which is beautiful!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! Especially love the soda cards and that last set, so simple, but such a big impact!

Susan R. Opel said...

Thought you might like to see this!

http://bit.ly/MFTCC51Reminder

Susan R. Opel
Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

Shanna Vineyard said...

So much eye candy Leigh! You're so talented! Love them all!