Sunday, October 16, 2016

Create Along With Us: October 2016

It's my beautiful sister-in-law's birthday today
and I thought I'd share the card that I sent her.




I used the same Colour Pop Autumn set that Betsy used.... stencilling and then 
stamping my leaves and berries onto my card front.


I diecut the "happy" using my Wet Paint Cuts twice from white cardstock,
which I stacked together.
I stamped the sentiment (also from Wet Paint) onto a strip of navy cardstock,
which I heat embossed in white.
A trio of buttons and twine finishes it off.

We've had a pretty busy weekend so far...
I chaperoned at Sage's first school dance on Friday evening
and spent the day in Winnipeg refereeing at a taekwondo tournament.
Today, we have our Thanksgiving meal with our church and tonight,
I get to watch Austin perform with the Central Manitoba Youth Choir -- I can't wait!
Enjoy your Sunday!

Thanks for looking!






14 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Leigh. So colorful. Love the images you used. Great take on Betsy's card.

Annheidel said...

Lovely fall colors!

Karen B. said...

One of my new favorite cards of yours, perfectly balanced!

Celeste Goff said...

Leigh, this card is just stunning! Love the rich, beautiful colors!

Nora Noll said...

This is breathtaking!! LOVE your take better then the original!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Leigh!!!

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Leigh.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely card Leigh! Love the colors and the little buttons you added. Wonderful!!

Vikki H said...

Beautiful design and stamping!

nancy said...

I was drawn to Betsy's card, too, probably because of the rich colors AND it was something other than Christmas. (I'm not anywhere near ready for that holiday!) You did a perfect job capturing the essence of Betsy's card, but making it your own. Fabulous, Leigh.

Emily E said...

Gorgeous I especially love the buttons they look amazing!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, bravo! This is gorgeous, Leigh!

Joyce said...

Perfect CASE of Betsy's card. Love your version!